Dentures and crowns are two common solutions for replacing missing teeth. Both options are strong and durable and can restore your smile to its original state. However, one more option is becoming increasingly popular: a dental implant. These titanium posts can insert in the jawbone to resemble real tooth roots and securely anchor replacement teeth or dentures.
They Make Our Teeth Look And Feel Natural.
- Dental implants look and feel more natural than other teeth replacements. Unlike dentures, bridges, and partial dentures, dental implants stay in place permanently. Therefore, they provide you with the same comfort and confidence as your natural teeth.
- Dentures may be heavy and bulky to wear while eating or speaking. If you have lost all of your teeth, a bridge could be used to replace one or two missing ones. So that you can continue enjoying your favourite foods without feeling embarrassed about showing off a mouth full of metal wires or plastic pieces that hold false teeth in place. Dental implants require no such thing. The dentist places them into the jawbone where real tooth roots would go if there were no gaps or missing teeth in their place!
They Are Long-Lasting
If you’re tired of dentures that can slip and fall out or don’t like the feel of bridgework, then dental implants may be right for you.
Dental implants last a lifetime. That’s what makes them so great! You’ll never have to worry about your teeth falling out again once they’re in place. You can also remove these devices fairly easily, but they are less durable.
Get High-Quality Orthodontics
If you’re like me, you’re constantly worrying about your image. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve thought about getting braces when I was younger and had my braces removed. And now that it’s an option for adults, it seems like such a good idea! But is it? Here’s what you need to know about the benefits of getting Orthodontics:
They Are Good For Eating.
One of the most important things about an orthodontic is that it can help you eat easier and comfortably. Orthodontic treatment allows your teeth to have a proper alignment, meaning you have less trouble chewing and digesting food. If your braces adjust properly, they will also allow you to speak more confidently by ensuring everything is lined up correctly.
Why Are Crowns And Bridges Beneficial For Your Teeth?
Crowns and bridges are dental restorations that can help you improve the appearance of your smile and prevent tooth decay. A crown helps to cover a decayed or damaged tooth in the mouth. We make it of porcelain, metal, or plastic, depending on the condition of your tooth. A crown can protect your natural teeth from further damage if it’s attached to healthy gums on all sides. A bridge consists of two crowns. One on each side of the space—attaches to adjacent teeth with artificial roots cemented into place.
Restoring A Fractured Tooth
A crown restores a fractured tooth and even prevents it too. For example, if you chipped your front tooth and it’s too small to fill with a standard-size composite filling, you may need to have a crown placed on that tooth. A crown is also used when there is not enough tooth structure to support a filling. Such as after root canal therapy or when the decay has eaten away too much of the enamel and dentin.
Crowns can also be used in other situations where cracks or chips have weakened teeth. This allows them to stabilize until they get replacements by bridges later down the road. They’re also extremely useful for patients who grind their teeth at night and want something more robust than an overlay.
Covering Badly Shaped Or Discoloured Teeth
A crown or bridge can cover a badly shaped tooth or improve the appearance of a smile. One option is to create a crown that matches your teeth’ shape and colour. Such as on one individual tooth but you can also apply it to multiple teeth within the same arch. If more than one tooth needs restoration, some may require veneers and crowns.
People also use crowns in the place of dentures. If you’re missing some teeth and need to replace them with dentures, then making a partial plate will help keep those remaining natural teeth healthy so they’ll last longer!
What Can A Mouthguard Help With?
A mouthguard can help protect you from injury in several ways. It protects your teeth from chipping and cracking, which can happen when you knock them against another player or the ground. It also protects against jaw fractures, often when an opposing player’s elbow or knee hits the face guard.
Custom-fitted mouthguards are a great way to prevent injuries that result from teeth grinding during sleep, particularly if you wear braces. They will also keep cuts on the lips and inside of the mouth closed.
They Prevent Bruxism Or Teeth Grinding,
Teeth grinding, also known as bruxism, can be caused by stress, anxiety, or tension. It can result in chipping of the teeth and damage to the jawbone. Teeth grinding also causes headaches, sore jaw muscles and increased dental problems. Using mouthguards helps reduce these symptoms by absorbing shocks that occur during grinding. At the same time, protecting your teeth from damage.
Prevent Jaw Instability From A Traumatic Injury
It’s not just the teeth that are affected by TMJ. The jaw can also experience pain, which many different factors can cause. For example, a traumatic injury to your mouth or face, such as dental trauma or facial fracture, may cause instability in the temporomandibular joint (TMJ).
This joint connects your lower jawbone to your skull and allows you to open and close your mouth properly. If you have severe TMJ damage, you may experience pain in or around your face and difficulty chewing food. You might also feel like something sticks in your throat while you are swallowing. No matter what it takes to relieve these symptoms, you should never ignore them!
Improve Your Smiles By Getting A Wisdom Teeth Extraction
- Avoid getting crowding of teeth in the mouth with the help of wisdom teeth extraction. This way, you can eat properly and have a beautiful smile.
- You might have heard that a beautiful smile is worth a million dollars. If so, you’re probably aware that it can improve your self-confidence and boost your chances of getting promotions at work.
- Beyond an attractive appearance, they can help you achieve the healthiest mouth possible. Also, it would help if you had regular checkups to catch cavities and other oral problems before they become serious.
- In addition to being healthier overall, they can prevent more serious issues like TMJ disorder or sleep apnea by preventing jaw misalignment.
These procedures and devices for teeth are a great way to protect your teeth and jawbone. They’re inexpensive, easy to use, and last for years. If you have had braces or have any concerns about your teeth or jawbone, talk with your dentist about getting a fit for one!
For more details, feel free to reach out to Raniga Dental any day.